Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It's so (relatively) hot!!

(Haha. The blog title is just for Aunty Elaine's sake ;)

Family: Well, a flying visit by Nance's sister Elaine was the highlight of our week. Ezra loved being with her - and really warmed up when he got a Little People Airplane as a pressie! The weather was great too - I lost count of how many ice-creams we had over the course of 4 days! We hope she had a good relaxing time. Being with family is what the holiday season is all about for me :)

Work: The five weeks leave that I have taken this year is not enough according to TelstraClear - so I have been forced to take another 14 days before January 9th. So, with our 16th wedding anniversary coming up, I have taken a five-day weekend starting tomorrow. Then the three days before Christmas, the three days before New Years and the whole week after. It will be a good break and I'm sure work will survive without me ;) I was planning to take three weeks in February so I could do some work on our house (painting, repairing hinges on windows, destroying lawns...) but that would leave me with zero leave. Although, I do get two weeks paternity leave in May for free... Nice! The challenge is to get stuff done over the Christmas break - and to keep the weight under the max for any ladders I may have to climb!

Toy: Our other new child arrived two weeks ago (Samsung Series 5 32" LCD TV) and was working great. But I guess it figured out it would be a distant 4th behind Ezra, Baby and Nance so it went Hulk on me. I have packed it up again and am awaiting a swapout. A cruel blow as I had it all set up and was enjoying it immensely... now if I can only convince Nance to get a 1080p capable piece of equipment to really show it off!! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

The Haynes Family (Stephen and Elaine) said...

Thanks for taking care of Eliane for the week. She had a great time and we wish we all could have come to visit.. Souds like you have a lot of time to fill over CHristmas etc so hope you get everything done you want to. Shame about the TV, I'm sure you will work it out though and enjoy it..