Tuesday, November 4, 2008

'twas the night before...

It will be Ezra's 2nd birthday tomorrow. Mum & Dad have taken the day/night off and invited family and friends over for a wee celebration. <:o)

Mum has been busy!! Baked lots of cupcakes and a sponge for the birthday cake. There's plenty of snack food for the kids party at 3:30 - and then BBQ sausages and salads for the adults from 5pm. We even bought some fireworks for later on in the evening. It's hard to believe he has survived two years with us... he is such a good boy. Definitely worth the wait.

I said to him last night "What would Dad be doing if you weren't here?" - probably watching movies or playing games and getting fatter and lazier... :( So when he went to sleep I thought I would do something worthwhile: and I logged on to the new
familysearch website and had a go. It's a great site, and brings all the records into one big community. A real eye-opener!

(Side note on the fireworks: Hopefully all goes well i.e. no one gets maimed. Not too fussed if the house burns down - as we have been looking for an excuse to replace the ugly ceiling panels, replace doors and hardware, and Dad wants to update the bathroom... Plus we'll have an excuse not to paint or do any repairs ;)

1 comment:

The Haynes Family (Stephen and Elaine) said...

Sounds like Ezra had a great birthday.. The cupcakes sound yum.. I did some stuff with Elaine's mum to set up for FamilySearch so if Nancy logs on she will be able to see a bunch of her ancestors.. It is a great tool..