Monday, October 20, 2008

Pass the parcel

Great news: Nance finished the last of her assignments last Wednesday (15th October) so that is a big weight off. On that same day it was Ezra's first morning visit to Playcentre. He enjoyed it of course - but something sinister was about to strike the Manu family.

During the early hours of the next morning Nance was feeling very sick and was vomiting most of the morning. I went to work but got a txt asking me to come home to look after her - by getting Ezra out of her hair. That night she stopped vomiting and we were quick to blame Subway (dinner on Wed night). But then on Friday evening we noticed Ezra wasn't eating. Then, just as the rugby started - and we had Jack and Amber visiting - he started vomiting. It was then that we realised Nance had picked up a stomach bug (perhaps a norovirus?) at Playcentre - and it was making it's way through our family. Nance was horrified as she had visited Katie and Troy that afternoon so a phonecall was made to give her fair warning :( Dad stayed up with Ezra through most of the night (ice cream container at the ready) and Mum came through in the early morning to take over. Ezra bounced back pretty quick - so the challenge of keeping it from hitting Dad was on! I made it for 2 days - but my habit of eating what Ezra doesn't eat/finish was my downfall and last night I too succumbed - although I have only had the runs; no vomiting: which I guess is a mild form of it? So I had the day off work today and have been trying to get warm in bed. Caught up on some TV that was on the DVD Recorder, and watched a DVD. Nance also took the night off as I would've been useless trying to look after Mr. Boy.

No comments: